Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Second meeting with Sina!

                 So tonight, Sina and I met at the BLUU for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised and really glad that when she walked in and saw me, she acted like I was an old friend! We saw our 1 mutual friend (whom I found out we both knew through creeping on facebook...no shame) while in the salad line, which was exciting. We sat down and just started talking about her weekend! She turned 20 on Sunday and told me about how her family from Germany called and how her aunt who she stays with in Arlington (she commutes every day) threw a party for her! *I included a picture of the cake
Next, we talked about her sister, Annika (who's name is SO cool, I think) and how she's the only one in her family, other than her aunt, to go to college. She's VERY easy to talk to and so very interesting. I found out that she's going to New York next Wednesday-Friday with her aunt (and told her to take pictures!) I then asked her if she was going to see any Broadway shows and she gave me an inquisitive look. One thing I have to work on is not treating her like she's a little kid...I've noticed that I tend to say things like, "Do you know what a band is?" or "have you ever heard of ___" just because she's from a different country... When I explained what a musical was, basically a play with a bunch of music and songs throughout (terrible definition, I know), I then asked her what her favorite musical was, She replied with some German-named ones that I had never heard of, but kept naming some until I did. The winner? Mama Mia (gotta love ABBA) I also found out that she hasn't read any of the Harry Potter books (gasps) but has seen the movies. I guess I can forgive her. The FUNNIEST thing happened when I asked her about her pets at home. She and her family own horses and I asked her to show me pictures of them next time. She replied, saying that she didn't have any, so I jokingly said, "You could just pull off images from the Internet, I wouldn't know!" and she said, "but that would be lying, yes!?" hahaha I had to try my best to not burst out laughing, but I refrained and said, "That's true, you'll just have to take some when you go home over Christmas break. :)
          She's in Hyperfrogs here at TCU and by this time, it was only 7:30 and her meeting was at 8:00. I offered for her to come see my room and she accepted...I got to introduce her to my roommate, Morgan! She loved our view (we have the BEST view in King) and talked about how apartments here are different. Our common area in kind of a mess right now because my roommates and I are in the middle of crafting for Big/Little week next week (HIS), so Morgan and I explained the process to her. She found it fascinating and said she can't wait to come back!
All in all, I'm having a wonderful time so far chatting with Sina. :)


         

No comments:

Post a Comment