Tuesday, September 25, 2012

3rd meeting with Sina :)

       So tonight, Sina and I met for the third time. She actually texted me this morning seeing if I wanted to get together! :) We stopped to pet the bunnies in the Commons (and take a picture with the human "bunny") on our way to the BLUU. Then we stopped by the smoothie line-yum-and proceeded to get our dinner. As we sat down, she told me all about her trip to New York that she embarks on tomorrow. I told her to take lots of pictures! After that, I told her all about Big/Little week which started today for my sorority (and pointed out my little who I saw in the BLUU) and she seemed really excited for me, after she understood what it meant. She said they don't do stuff like that in Germany...
       After that, I asked her to answer the question "What makes you laugh?" She was a little confused at first and so I rephrased it a couple of times, but here's what she came up with:
1) If people do something stupid
       ~I asked, "like people falling down?" and she laughed and said yes
2) Flashbacks
       ~Like when she happens to remember something funny that occured earlier but something in the present reminded her of it
3) When people in her class are confused (I get the feeling she's at the top of her class...) and they ask a silly question
       ~She had a hard time describing this to me
4) "What do you call it here? Funny Videos at Home? When people fall while skiing?"
       ~I figured out that she was talking about Youtube clips of America's Funniest Home Videos
5) She doesn't laugh at jokes but can laugh at herself
       ~GREAT quality

The rest of our conversation was spent talking about TV shows. My favorite TV show, NCIS, premiered tonight and I was SO EXCITED! (except I couldn't watch it, because I had a HIS meeting. :(...) But, it came on at 7:00, when we still happened to be eating in the BLUU. Apparently I gasped and sort of jumped up in my seat because Sina looked up, startled and asked if I was ok. I told her about how it was my favorite show and I was really looking forward to this episode because the cliffhanger of last season was all of the characters and their situations after a bomb just blew up in their office complex! It also showed poor Ducky having a heart attack on a beach...I still don't know if he's alive! haha But Sina said they have NCIS (and The Big Bang Theory) in Germany with the same actors and actresses but different voices (because it's in German). As we were walking to put away our dishes, I said, "Sorry, I just really love NCIS" and she said, "I can feel that!" hahaha
Hope I didn't scare her too much...
When we walked out, I proceeded to ask her about her favorite movies, but she said she doesn't see a lot of movies because she doesn't have time. However, she did tell me that she likes Fast and Furious.
Can't wait to see her next time and hear all about New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment